Day Three: The Arranger/Composer Outline of Discussion Topics 1) Basic arranging/composing elements: Intros, codas, interludes, vamps, transitions, shout choruses,
2) Re-harmonization of a melody, Contrafact (new melodies on pre-existing harmonic progressions)
3) Arranging for instruments: solo, duo, trio, quartet, quintet, and sextet *Orchestration and Copying in Sibelius
-Original Compositions and arrangements by the students and staff -In Depth use of Sibelius for professional standard Music presentation
Day Four: The Performer
Outline of Discussion Topics 1) The Repertoire: originals vs standards 2) The stage set up, microphones, monitors, the sound man 3) Rehearsal technique 4) The show, the set list, featuring band members 5) Role and expectations: leader, music director
Day Five: The Recording Artist Outline of Discussion Topics 1) The studio time and audio recording: the recording engineer, mixing, editing, mastering, the record producer
2) The concept (record title, song list)
3) Video recording for commercial and promotional use (e.g., YouTube)
4) Live recording (audio and video)
In depth use of Pro Tools for editing and mixing.
Listening and Analysis session: - a selection of modern recordings supplied by students and staff for analysis * Roberto Occhipinti is an award winning record producer specializing in Jazz and Classical recordings.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.